International call for application for the position of the Executive Secretary of the Consultative Internal Cashew Council (CICC)
Position: Executive Secretary of the Consultative international Cashew Council
The international call for application is launched in view of filing the position of the Executive Secretary in the framework of the kick-off of the activities of the CICC. The current call for the application is opened to citizens from the CICC country members; Benin, Cote d’ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Senegal and Togo.
The recruitment of the Executive Secretary of the CICC will be conducted according to a competitive and open process in view of attracting the best applications that are in compliance with the objectives of the CICC. Hence, the firm GECA-PROSPECTIVE, specialized in Human Resource Management and having a proven experience in recruiting high-level Executives, has been tasked by the CICC for the management of this recruitment process. GECA-PROSPECTIVE has been working in close collaboration with the Cote d’Ivoire Cotton and Cashew Council.
1- Responsibility of the Executive Secretary
The Executive secretary is the highest official of the CICC. He is responsible to the Council of Ministers for the administration and operation of the Executive Secretariat of the CICC.
On one hand, the mission of the successful candidate is
[i] to be in charge-under the supervision of the President of the Council of Ministers-of the elaboration and the implementation of the general policy and the strategy defined and approved by the Council of Ministers, and on the other hand
[ii] to ensure the administrative, financial and legal management of the CICC and to represent the CICC as needed
3- Main Tasks
As Chief Executive Officer of the CICC, the Executive Secretary is in charge of:
a) representing and defending the interests of the CICC.
b) implementing CICC policies.
c) recruiting CICC staff members in accordance with the recruitment regulations as set by the Council of Ministers.
d) developing the projects the CICC.
e) organizing all activities of the CICC.
f) conducting research development strategies of the sector, impact studies on some policies of the sector, data collection and analysis on cashew, publication of works on economics, trade and legal policies of the cashew sector in desired geographical arears.
g) collecting and reviewing cashew statistics on stocks, production, consumption, prices and also their structure, international trade and value chain;
h) analyzing the different elements that affect cashew supply and demand in a given sensitive area and the impact of potential substitution products on the marketing of cashew and its derivative;
i) analyzing the information on the marketing conditions of cashew, products from cashew and derived products, as well as the tariff and non-tariff barriers applied to it;
j) carrying out any other research to improve the cashew economy, including the mobilization of Technical and Financial Partnerships and the promotion of the cashew sector to countries and actors not yet involved
4- Professional Qualification and required experiences;
The incumbent of the position;
– Must justify an A level + 5 years in Agronomy, management, Economics or Equivalent subjects;
-Must have a minimum of 20 years work experience, including 10 years in Management position related to Agriculture sectors.
– Must have at least 5 years’ experience in the cashew sector.
– Having a great organizational development skill is desirable. Having a first experience in a position of high level of responsibility at the head of a newly starting organization/company is desirable and having contributed in developing and promoting a structure at an international level would be an important asset;
– Must have demonstrated skills and abilities in leadership, communication, team management and planning;
– Must have a commitment to the principles of good governance and ethics;
– Must speak fluently French and English or Portuguese;
– Must have a very good knowledge of the MS office software [ Word, Excel, PowerPoint] and an excellent command of e-mail and browsing on the internet.
5- Qualities and Skills required for the position
The requirement for this position are the following
– To be creative, striving and have the sense of initiative;
– To demonstrate leadership and a sense of responsibility;
– To be able to work independently and in a multicultural environment;
– Information sharing;
– To be greatly open minded.
The position is based in Abidjan (Cote d’ivoire)
7- Duration of the contract:
The contract will for a period of three (3) years, renewable once, according to the statutory provisions, on the basis of a positive evaluation of performance.
8- Content of the application
Applications must consist of the following documents:
– A letter of motivation signed by the candidate, to the attention of the Director Cabinet GECA-Prospective;
– a certified detailed curriculum vitae, mentioning at least two references for the purposes of confirming the experiences;
– A certified copy of the degrees, and training certificates;
– proof of experience gained, including copies of work certificates;
– A certified copy of a valid identity document;
– A police record dated less than three months.
Submission of applications:
The completed applications including the requested attachments must be submitted exclusively by electronic means under scanned pdf format to the following mail address: email@example.com
Deadline for the application postponed to: September 18, 2019 at 12.00 GMT.
Subject to be mentioned for the e-mail:
<Recruitment CICC- Position of Executive Secretary>.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted through e-mail and telephone details provided in the CV for the way forward of the recruitment process.
Job News Source: Agricinghana Media | Editor@agricinghana.com
Farmerhelpline.com: 0500 000 996