Senior Software Engineering Jobs at SyeComp, 2019 Start (Fixed-Term/Renewable Employee). SyeComp is recruiting for key management positions in its software engineering department.
SyeComp is a Remote Sensing (RS) and GIS company for farmers and agribusinesses in Africa, pioneering innovative data-driven tools, credit solutions, and climate-smart technologies using space technology.
SyeComp is spearheading efforts in satellite-derived geodata enabled precision agriculture services in Africa. As an institutional network member of the Climate Technology Centre and Network ( CTCN) the company strives to support smallholder African farmers and agribusinesses with localised digital solutions to create a sustainable and profitable agrifood system in emerging economies. Their operations currently cover Ghana and Kenya.
Are you a young, vibrant and eager developer that is looking to gain valuable experience in joining a mature environment, gaining valuable experience in the AgTech and Fintech space? A great opportunity to join SyeComp, a market-leader in delivering geospatial services for agribusinesses has just presented itself. Are you detail-oriented and have excellent problem solving and analytical abilities? Do you have good communication skills and are able to work independently or as part of a team? You’d have the opportunity to work in Accra and Nairobi offices in the available roles below:
1/ Senior Backend Developer
2/ Senior Frontend Developer
3/ Chief Data Scientist
* We are accepting applications until March 28, 2019.
* Our team will review applications on a rolling basis and interviews will begin in January 2019. It is in your best interest to submit your application early.
SyeComp is expanding its value-added geo-data enabled credit product for smallholder farmers in Africa. The goal is to have a robust solution driving financing for millions of smallholder African farmers through machine learning with trained data points from variety of sources. The software engineers have the opportunity to showcase their adeptness in conducting fundamental research, to leading and contributing to the product development to be used by millions of people.
All are expected to work on site. We encourage candidates from all over the world to apply. If a candidate requires work authorization to work in Accra or Nairobi, SyeComp will explore the available options on a case-by-case basis.
Your application should show evidence of proficiency in programming and in prerequisite courses (e.g., machine learning, user-centered interfaces or applications, data science, mathematical analysis). This can be demonstrated through links to open-source projects, notable performances in competitions, publications and blog posts, or projects that showcase implementation of one or more novel learning algorithms.
To start the application process, provide the required materials listed below (PDFs preferred) and email it as an attached file to: Team@syecomp.com
Email Copy: Developers@syecomp.com
Email subject line: Senior Software Engineering Jobs at SyeComp
1/ Attach an updated CV or resume.
2/ Attach a Cover Letter which must include answers to the following questions:
• What are your primary technology interests and why do you think they are important?
• How would leading a software engineering assignment (specify the role) at SyeComp help you to explore your technology interests and achieve your career goals?
• Give an example of an open-ended research question or project you’ve worked on ( include weblinks). What made it challenging and how did you overcome those challenges? Alternatively, summarize and critique a machine learning paper or ICT project you have read that you found interesting.
Although cover letters are optional for most job applications at SyeComp, it is a mandatory component for this application. Complete applications (cover letters included) will be prioritized for review over incomplete applications.
3/ Attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript and certificate of your academic credentials.
At SyeComp, great just isn’t good enough. We’re just getting started…
• Work with SyeComp Team to deploy at scale a novel loan origination application with defined parameters powered by machine learning.
• Implement algorithms, experiments and/or human-computer interfaces using frameworks such as Keras and TensorFlow
• Learn and understand a large body of research in machine learning algorithms.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent practical experience in a STEM field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
• Completed coursework in statistics, algorithms, calculus, linear algebra, or probability (or their equivalent).
• Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Python or C/C++
• Experience with machine learning; or applications of machine learning to agriculture, NLP, human-computer interaction, computer vision, speech, computer systems, robotics, algorithms, optimization, on-device learning, social networks, economics, information retrieval, . Preferred qualifications:
• Research experience in machine learning or deep learning (e.g. links to open-source work or link to novel learning algorithms).
• Open-source project experience that demonstrates programming, mathematical, and machine learning abilities and interests.
Remuneration and Salaries
The current available job roles are key management positions. SyeComp provides competitive salaries and remuneration commensurate with skills, experience, and responsibilities assigned. Possibility of Stock offers as well.
At SyeComp, we are excited about team members ready take up leadership roles, roll-up their sleeves and showcase their unique expertise.
SyeComp is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To all recruitment agencies: SyeComp does not accept agency resumes. SyeComp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This application is free of charge.
For clarification responses on this application, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone ( calls or sms): +254 70 85 70 464
Download this job ad—> Software Engineers-Accra_Nairobi recruitment [pdf: 359kb]