Disseminated by Agricinghana Media
Employer: Ministry of Food & Agriculture
Project: Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project (GCAP)
Contract title: Rehabilitation and Modernisation of Kpong Irrigation Scheme Project
Credit No: GH 5077-0
RFB No: MoFA/GCAP/WK/ICB/2018/01
Issued on: 20th July, 2018
1. The Government of Ghana has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and grant from USAID in various currencies towards the cost of Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project (GCAP) and intends to apply part of the funds to cover the eligible payments under the Contract for the Rehabilitation and Modernisation of Kpong Irrigation Scheme.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture, herein after referred to as “The Employer”, and acting through the Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project | (GCAP) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Rehabilitation and Modernisation of Kpong Irrigation Scheme, ICB No.: MoFA/GCAP/WK/ICB/2018/01. Bidders are to note that, the package consists of two parts (A and B) and bidders are required to price for the two parts that make up the package. Bidders do not have the option to choose a part within this package.
2. Details of the parts are as follows:
Part A-Civil works which involves: –
¬ Rehabilitation of existing earth (unlined) canals and associated hydraulic structures
¬ Conversion of in-field laterals & sub-lateral open canals to gravity fed piped network system
¬ Upgrading and repair of earthen roads (main access roads, branch & link roads, inspection roads)
¬ Construction of new earthen inspection roads for some main drains, grassed waterways
¬ Full rehabilitation of main drains, grassed waterways / spillways, branch & lateral drains
¬ Rehabilitation & upgrading of Re-lift Pump & Pump station
¬ By-pass Works (including the temporary set-up at the Old Pump Station).
Part B — Instrumentation and Automation which involves: –
¬ Instrumentation for Automation & Flow Measurement
¬ Intake Gate to Main Canal/ Automatic Trash Rack
¬ Regulator/intake Gates (Automatic Moveable Flume/Weir Gates) to Main and Branch Canals
¬ Intake Gates (Automatic Moveable Flume/Weir Gates) to all Branch Canals
¬ Automatic Flow Measurement of flows through Intake Gates to all Branch Canals and the Lateral Canals
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (Procurement in Investment Project Financing – Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services; July 2016, Revised November 2017) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of the Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project, Ministry of Food and Agriculture at the address (1) below between the hours of 9:00Hrs GMT – 12:30Hrs GMT; 14:00Hrs GMT – 16:30Hrs GMT on working days.
5. The Bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address (2) below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$ 100.00 (One Hundred US Dollars) or its equivalent in Ghana cedis. The method of payment will be by Bankers draft payable to Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project or in cash at the Account’s Department, GCAP Office.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address (2) below on or before 10:00 hrs. GMT on Monday 17th September 2018. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend, at 10.00 hrs. GMT on Monday 17th September 2018 at the Conference Room, Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, Cantonments, in the vicinity of Government Secretarial School, Accra.
7. All bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days after Bid Opening and must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the sum of Seven Hundred and Fifty Thousand US Dollars (US$ 750,000.00). Bid securities must be valid for 28 days beyond the validity of the bids and must be issued by a reputable Commercial Bank. In the case of International Bidders, the issuing bank MUST have a corresponding reputable Commercial Bank in Ghana.
8. “Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidder’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.”
9. The address (land 2) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Procurement Specialist, Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project Street Address: Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, GCAP office located at the premises of the Government Secretarial School, Cantonments, Accra, P. O. Box M.37, Accra, Ghana GL-044-6277 Floor/Room number: 1st Floor Room 18 & 19; City: Accra; Country: Ghana Tel.:+233-202026412;
Attention: The Project Coordinator, Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project Street Address: Ghana Commercial Agriculture Project, Ministry of Food and Agriculture, GCAP office located at the premises of the Government Secretarial School, Cantonments, Accra, P. O. Box M.37, Accra, Ghana
|The indicative list of principal quantities of work for Part A – Civil Works involved in the project are given below:|
|Item of Work||Quantity||Units|
|General Site Clearance||597||ha|
|Demolition of Existing Concrete Structures||1,674||m3|
|Gravel Sub base||91,358||m3|
|Surface Wearing Road Material||121,017||m3|
|PVC/HDPE Piped Laterals||153||km|
Other further information for your necessary attention:
|LOCATION OF PROJECT||CONSTRUCTION PERIOD/DEFECTS LIABILITY PERIOD (Month)||AVERAGE ANNUAL CONSTRUCTION TURNOVER (US$)|
|Akuse & Asutsuare||18/12||55,000,000|
Deadline: September 17, 2018
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996