Project: Employment and Skills for Development (E4D) [Implemented by GIZ]
Reports to: Team Leader
Assignment Period: April 2020 to December 2020
The E4D-Ghana programme is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the European Union (EU), Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) and Quoniam to develop and implement public-private cooperation projects that contribute to more productive and decent employment in Ghana.
The Aquaculture Technical Advisor will primarily be tasked with managing all aquaculture matters of the E4D Ghana portfolio and contribute to the programme’s objectives within the Agriculture value chain. He/she will act as an interlink between the E4D project and its respective public and private partners.
– Managing and promoting private sector investments in aquaculture as well as other related agribusiness interventions within the framework of development partnership initiatives of E4D
– Assisting the project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups particularly partner companies and partnership project beneficiaries
– Independently managing and monitoring projects assigned to him or her under the E4D Programme, including management and steering responsibility for third-party contractors’ implementation.
The professional advisor performs the following:
+ Assists and monitors the development and implementation of E4D-Ghana partnership projects in the aquaculture sector and monitors project/programme plans and activities
+ Supports in building the capacity of stakeholders in Private Partnerships (DPPs)
+ Adopts the agreed Aquaculture Value Chain methodology that will be used for the economic, social and environmental analysis of the value chains
+ Supports the exploration/identification of potential private sector organizations in the programme districts and regions.
– Supports the development of ready-to-use Good Aquaculture Practices Curriculum manuals, handbook for selected Aquaculture Value Chains
– Prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports, including annual reports, factsheets, etc. and contributes to the other reports required by the Team Leader and GIZ Head Office.
– At least 5 years of professional and practical experience in a similar position
– Masters degree in Fisheries and Aquaculture with a working experience in Environmental Impact Analysis and Aquaculture Value Chain Development
– Very good working knowledge of ICT s ( related software, phone,, email, internet) and computer applications ( e.g MS Word, Outlook)
– Fluent written and oral knowledge of English Language and a working knowledge of at least one popular Ghanaian language
– Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed; corresponding measures are agreed with management
– Solid knowledge of Ghana’s Aquaculture industry, it’s socio-political situation and its culture.
Competitive GIZ salary structure, SSNIT, Health insurance, as well as 13th Month Salary and Annual Bonus;
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward a detailed curriculum vitae and a one-page cover letter to:email@example.com under the job code 2020/E4D/03/01;
Note: If you do not hear from GIZ two weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: March 31, 2020
AgJob News Source: Agricinghana Media | Email: Editor@agricinghana.com
Farmer Helpline: +233 500 000 996