Published by Agricinghana Media
Local and international jobseekers invited to apply.
Together with the local sustainability teams in West Africa and program partners, the project coordinator will supervise programs in the field, increase impact in our supply chains, and build a strong Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) structure to report outcomes.
Cocoanect is a fast-growing company, with a broad network and excellent future career opportunities. You will be working closely with the West Africa sustainability team, of which 10 people are based in Ivory Coast, 2 in Ghana, 1 in Nigeria and 1 in Cameroon. We offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development. You will learn about the newest tools and programs to bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment.
• Monitor progress of certification activities of our cocoa suppliers in the field;
• Coordinate execution of sustainability activities in the field in collaboration with cocoa suppliers, clients
and partners like UTZ certified, WFP, PDA ;
• Support our M&E data collection with field staff from our cocoa suppliers;
• Report to clients on project indicators of sustainability programs;
• Maintain relationships with our farmer groups, exporters, and client representatives;
• Identify new local suppliers and partners for program up-scaling.
• An academic degree in agriculture, community development or other related fields;
• At least 1 years of experience in project management and/or commodities;
• A passionate and ambitious worker;
• Excellent organizational skills and relationship management
• Extensive knowledge of Excel, experience with online tools (surveys, GIS) is a prerequisite;
• You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
• Fluent in English and local language is a pre;
• Bush proof, you will spend 2-3 days per week in district warehouses and on plantations
Based in Kumasi, Ghana with regular trips to Accra and cocoa regions
Cocoanect is truly passionate about cocoa. Being real chocolate lovers, it is our ambition to connect the world’s best cocoa with the industry of chocolate makers. In doing so, we match the expectations from farmers, who produce good quality cocoa, with the expectations of grinders and chocolatiers in the most efficient and effective manner. We wish to connect origins to markets, farmer organizations to customers and traceability to sustainable development!
Cocoanect positions itself as a lean and mean company with a strong focus on operational excellence. Excellent knowledge, highly qualified staff and high level company and market information are the drivers for such excellence.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ms. Anne van der Veen at email@example.com before August 1st, 2018.
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996
Join Ghana’s Farmer Helpline channel on WhatsApp