1. Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) has received funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) towards the implementation of the 6-Year Farmers’ Economic Advancement through Seedlings (FEATS) Project. The FEATS project aims to facilitate the distribution of 21m cocoa, cashew, rubber and shea seedlings for planting by 100,000 female and male farmers. To boost the supply of cocoa pods and increase access to hybrid cocoa seedlings for planting by female and male farmers, MEDA wishes to apply part of its project funds to support the Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) towards the establishment of 30-hectare (15-hectare each) drip irrigation system on two (2) selected seed gardens in Bunso and Goaso in the Eastern and Brong Ahafo regions of Ghana respectively.
|ITEM DESCRIPTION||DELIVERY SCHEDULE|
|i.||Supply of irrigation network system. This includes all related Irrigation network components; pumps, pre-filtration and irrigation filters, mainline and submain lines, valves and fittings, laterals, emitters, automation system, fertigation and drip irrigation systems etc.||September 28, 2018|
|ii.||Installation of the irrigation network system in each site||October 31, 2018|
|iii.||Training of relevant COCOBOD staff on effective operation and proper maintenance of the installed drip irrigation systems.||November 9, 2018|
|iv.||Test run and troubleshooting of drip irrigation system||November 16, 2018|
|v.||Commissioning of the drip irrigation system on each seed garden.||
December 7, 2018
2. The FEATS project invites Sealed Tenders from eligible suppliers for the procurement of the above-mentioned items/services.
3. Interested eligible tenderers can obtain tender documents from the e-mail address listed below
4. Eligible tenderers may contact the address below for further information regarding the tender.
5. Eligible tenderers would be expected to visit selected seed gardens to conduct relevant due diligence including topographical surveys prior to preparation and submission of tenders.
6. Tenders must be delivered by hand or registered mail at the address below on or before June 28, 2018 at 17:00 GMT. Tender will be valid for a period of 90 days after the deadline of the tender submission.
Late tenders will not be accepted. Tender will be opened in the presence of representatives of tenderers who choose to attend at 10:00 GMT on 29th June, 2018. Venue for Tender opening is MEDA FEATS Project Conference Room.
The Tender Committee
MEDA FEATS Project
Plot No. 149, Oko Mileeko Avenue
La- Bawaleshie, East – Legon
P.O. Box MD 1709
Madina – Accra
Tel: +233 – 540123340/ 050 – 1527840