Strengthening Capacities of Small and Medium-scale Enterprises
WHO ARE WE?
Mobile Business Clinic Africa (MBC Africa) began in 2013 as a collaborative initiative between the Lundin Foundation, Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Canada and Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) through the West Africa Technical Assistance Facility (WATAF).
We began our first training for small and medium-scale enterprises (SME’s) in agribusiness in Accra the same year and later expanded to other forms of training for SME’s. Five years down the line, MBC Africa has supported over 257 managers in 134 businesses in Ghana (7 regions) and Cote d’Ivoire (1 region). MBC Africa has started in Mali since January 2018.
MBC Africa is a one-stop boutique that provides SMEs with comprehensive business solutions addressing four key needs (4As):
- Access to business development services: Ensuring necessary capacity building to grow strong management teams and qualified workforce
- Access to innovation, information, technologies: Ensuring high quality operational performance
- Access to market intelligence: Providing you with relevant tools for your business to enhance accurate and confident decision-making in determining strategy and sales development.
- Access to financial services: Ensuring the availability of growth capital, working capital, and risk mitigation instruments
OBJECTIVES OF BUSINESS CLINIC:
General Objective: Businesses graduating from the clinic will have acquired tools and skills to make them investment ready.
DEVELOP BUSINESS STRATEGY IN LINE WITH RESULTS OF DIAGNOSTIC
With focus on marketing, sales, strategic planning and financial management
ACQUIRE SKILLS TO MANAGE CHANGE NECESSARY IN THE COMPANY
Business Coaching, Human Resource Management, Management Information Systems
BUILD A WINNING FUNDRAISING STRATEGY AND PLAN
Pitch deck, Pitch training, Identification of right investors
We are looking for entrepreneurs and managers of SME’s that have a genuine will to improve their business model and current operations.
CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
- SME’s in operation for 3 years and more
- SME’s with 5 employees minimum
- Turnover of 250,000 GHS or more.
- Financial statements of the last two years
- Participate in all trainings
- Payment of business clinic costs
BUSINESS CLINIC COSTS
For businesses ready to receive funding, MBC Africa provides access to the AfricSeed (www.africseed.com) platform which aims at connecting them with investors, ranging from Angel Investors to investment funds in capital risk.
MBC Business Network
Each participating business will benefit from the opportunity to join our network of businesses that have participated in MBC Africa programs and services in Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire and more recently Mali.
Ad hoc training, Networking, Linkage to market and Investment/Funding are some benefits of joining.
Clients will make a 20% down paymentwithin 3 days after filling our business needs assessment form before training participation is confirmed. The 80% is completed within 2 months of clinic participation.
Payment should be made to the account details below to be enrolled:
Mobile Money Number: 0546154260
Account Name: Mobile Business Clinic.
Download the information: HERE
Please contact MBC Africa in Ghana at +233 (0)30 396 7033 or by email at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for enquiries
Have you thought of hiring a trusted Agricultural Media organisation to disseminate your products or services? Connect with us via our AgPress® Newswire channel!
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996