Duty station: Accra, Ghana
Duties & responsibilities of the position
The Project Manager will be based in Ghana and coordinate the project on behalf of CTA by working with consortium partners and other third party service providers. The position requires expertise and experience in project management technical and administrative and the ability to handle negotiations with key stakeholders in Ghana such as the Dutch Embassy, the Ministries, the Meteorological Department, private sector partners and other businesses that may have interest in the project. It will involve communication with partners on all aspects of project performance and implementation; identification of opportunities and challenges in meeting project outputs, objectives and supporting project partners to meet project performance goals.
The Project Manager will be the link between geoPuu and the CTA headquarters by monitoring all aspects of the grant execution to comply with NSO’s guidelines, deadlines, including managing annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, output documentations, report preparations and budget management. He/she will report to the relevant Programme Coordinator, ICTs at CTA.
Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with the consortium partners on the management, administrative and implementation issues of the G4AW activity, as well as related ICT4Ag activities at CTA;
- Communicate clearly with all partners on all aspects of project performance and implementation;
- Actively work to identify opportunities and challenges in meeting project output objectives and direct project partners to meet project performance goals;
- Manage all aspects of grant execution to comply with NSO’s guidelines, deadlines and regulations; including but not limited to writing of the annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, output documentations, report preparations and budget management;
- Organize and document outcomes of the geoPuu activity through publications, social media and websites;
- Ensure annual narrative and financial reports are delivered according to NSO standard and deadline;
- Identify and coordinate opportunities to collaborate with other relevant entities;
- Strategize with partners based on the project proposal to ensure sustainability of the initiative after the NSO funding ends;
- Knowledge of NSO operational system will be an advantage;
Qualifications, experience & skills
- Candidates must be nationals of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- Education: Master’s degree in related subject work such as grant management in development projects, agricultural development, ICTs, agricultural economics, extension education, adult education, community development, business management, or related areas;
- Work experience: at least 5 years of relevant experience in project management, preferably in ICT4Ag or related area;
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial management, report writing and team coordination;
- Experience and keen interest in agricultural development in West Africa (in Ghana will be an advantage).
- Professional knowledge & skills:
- Excellent inter-personal and communication (verbal and written) skills to deal effectively with mid and high level partner contacts, the host government, and the local communities;
- Excellent skills in writing and presenting reports and findings to peer and non-peer audiences;
- Thorough knowledge of English and other local languages in Ghana;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively against tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to perform under pressure;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, to be flexible and client oriented;
- Skills in problem solving and negotiation.
Appointment and conditions of employment
The Project Manager geoPuu will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Type of contract: short term, category auxiliary staff, level 3C
- Contract duration: 1 year (with a 6 months’ probation period) with the possibility of renewal until the end of the project.
- Gross annual income: € 42,552 (mostly tax-free).
- Comprehensive benefits package.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate qualifies for this position;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format ;
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email: HR5@cta.int
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘Project Manager geoPuu”.
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. A written/oral test may be requested in addition to the interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.
For full job description please visit: http://www.cta.int/en/article/2018-01-18/project-manager-geopuu.html
Do you have an agricultural content, advertisement, workshop/project report and wants it reviewed and published by a trusted media organisation? Connect with us via our AgPress® Newswire Service!
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996