Yesterday, Tuesday December 5th 2017 was the official kick-start of the fourth agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2017 International Trade Show under the motto “Adding Value to the Modernisation of the Ghanaian Agrofood & Plastprintpack Industry”.
The opening session was held on 5th December with the participation of:
- Mr Papa Kow Bartels, Ministry of Trade and Industry Ghana
- H.E. Mr. Ron Stricker, Ambassador, Embassy of the Netherlands
- H.E. Mr. Francois Pujolas, Ambassador, Embassy of France
- Mr Lorenzo Pinelli, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Italy
- Mr Leszek Wojtasiak, Member of the Regional Parliament from Wielkopolska Region, Poland
- Mr Noureddine Aklil, Assisant Director, Algex – Algeria’s National Agency for the Promotion of Foreign Trade
- Mr Sampath Perera, Assistant Director, Sri Lanka Tea Board
- Mr Martin März, Managing Director, fairtrade
The day was filled with hundreds of visitors engaging and discussing their business with the 90+ exhibitions from 21 countries including, Algeria, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Iran, Italy, Korea, Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab emirates and the United Kingdom.
Three conferences took place in the conference hall on: “Food waste – the magnitude of the problem and how automation can help minimise it” presented by Steve Jones from Ishida, “Packaging and brand image – a tool to enhancing marketing” presented by a member of the Ghana Agricultural & Rural Development Journalists Association, and lastly “Networking in the plastprintpack industry portal” presented by a member of fairtrade Messe.
The three day conference will end December 7th at 4:00pm, free admission for visitors at the Accra International Conference Centre.
Have agricultural content and want it published? Connect with us via our AgPress® Newswire Service!
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996