SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organisation that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation & hygiene.
West Africa HortiFresh/GhanaVeg is a 4-year sector programme (2018-2021) being implemented by a consortium of Wageningen UR (CDI), SNV, and Resilience. The programme team is hosted by SNV, the Netherlands Development Organisation, an international NGO that focuses on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation,and hygiene. SNV’s implementation approach focuses on developing innovative solutions to alleviate poverty through sustainable and locally-led development.
• The programme currently a full-time Fund Manager responsible for all activities related to the Innovation Fund, Agronomic Support Services Fund and Youth Activities Fund
• This includes the preparation of Calls for concept Notes, pre-screening of concept notes, and assisting, companies in submitting a full proposal as well as the monitoring of the projects progress.
• In addition, the fund manager will be responsible for Ghana Veg’s contributions to the Ghana Green Label activities
Under the supervision of the GhanaVeg Coordinator, the key responsibilities of the Fund Manager include:
• Setting up a transparent structure, procedures, regulations and evaluation criteria for the Innovation Fund, Agricultural Support Services Fund and Youth activities
• Screening of concept notes and facilitating the work of the independent selection committee
• Monitoring and assisting the implementation of the awarded co-financing projects, visit project activities and ensure that narrative and financial reports are on time and in accordance with the GhanaVeg regulations
• Assist companies (within the limits of the Funds Procedures) in submitting proposals
• Contribute to the documentation of the programs achievements in terms of: Reports, publications, brochures and/or guidelines
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidate must have relevant experience in fund management and in agronomy. He/She must have experience in business development and be a team player. With strong communication and negotiating skills
• Minimum 5 years experience in setting-up and managing a grants facility
• Master’s Degree in one of the following: business administration, finance, economics, accounting, agriculture and/or related field
• Professional working experience in agricultural projects, preferably in the vegetables sector
• Experience in quality assurance systems and certification of agricultural companies (e.g. Global GAP, BRC, Ghana Green Label)
• Excellent skills in using computer Microsoft office applications such as Word and Excel
Please read these carefully. Failure to comply with adversely affect your application.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications, and three reference contacts by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to: email@example.com
Closing Date: November 17, 2017
Applicants should indicate in the subject line of the email the position being applied: Fund Manager Position.
Applicant will be based in Accra within the SNV Accra Office and applicant should be willing to travel frequently within the country.
Only those candidates whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites below will be considered for the position
Have an agricultural content and wants it published? Connect with us via our AgPress® Newswire Service!
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996