SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organisation that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation & hygiene.
West Africa HortiFresh/GhanaVeg is a 4-year sector programme (2018-2021) being implemented by a consortium of Wageningen UR (CDI), SNV, and Resilience. The programme team is hosted by SNV, the Netherlands Development Organisation, an international NGO that focuses on agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation,and hygiene. SNV’s implementation approach focuses on developing innovative solutions to alleviate poverty through sustainable and locally-led development.
The Business and Financial Specialist Advisor is an innovative senior manager, with an agro-economic profile. He/She must be able to facilitate production push and market-pull dynamics of vegetable value chains. He/She is a team player with strong networking, communication and facilitation skills, who is able to engage with a range of public and private sector stakeholders.
Under the supervision of the GhanaVeg Coordinator, the key responsibilities of the Business and Financial Specialist Advisor include:
• Supporting, in the position of Secretary, the public private Vegetable Task-force, this includes the preparation of the meetings (agenda/invitations, meeting minutes and follow-up actions
• Organisation of quarterly Business Platform meetings, which are high-level meetings for private sector representatives, researchers and policy makers
• Development of new commercial loan products specifically focused on Ghana’s vegetable sector, targeting both smallholder farmers and small and medium sized companies
• Management of two cluster development funds that target specific vegetable hotspots in the country develop a multi-stakeholder platform and public-private action agenda
• Support four trade missions, an annual vegetable trade fair and other business-to-business activities
• Pro-actively explore new Business Opportunities in Ghana’s vegetables sector.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicant must have relevant experience in agro-economics, vegetable value chain and good marketing dynamics skills. He/She must have experience in strong communication skills
• Minimum 10 years experience working in private sector development, preferably in Ghana’s horticulture sector
• Minimum of 5 years experience in project management in leadership positions
• Master’s degree in one of the following: business administration, agricultural economics/extension, business administration and/or related field
• Excellent analytical and writing skills for developing business case studies and contributing to sector reports (using computer Microsoft office applications such as Word and Excel).
Please read these carefully. Failure to comply with adversely affect your application.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications, and three reference contacts by email to:
email@example.com with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 17, 2017
Applicants should indicate in the subject line of the email the position being applied for: Business & Financial Specialist Advisor Position.
Applicant will be based in Accra within the SNV Accra Office and applicant should be willing to travel frequently within the country.
Only those candidates whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites below will be considered for the position
Have an agricultural content and wants it published? Connect with us via our AgPress® Newswire Service!
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996