USAID/West Africa Analytical Support Services and Evaluations for Sustainable Systems in Agriculture, Environment, and Trade (ASSESS) project is seeking candidates for Chief of Party (COP). The project is based in Accra, Ghana and covers West Africa countries receiving funding from United States Agency for International Development, West Africa Regional Economic Growth Office (USAID/WA/REGO). The ASSESS project provides programme evaluations and research, monitoring, knowledge and information management (including learning events), and other support services to USAID/WA/REGO. The project is implemented by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) in partnership with the University of Rhode Island (URI), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and other partner Universities in the US and West Africa.
The COP is a local hire recruitment (i.e recruited in Ghana and based in Ghana). Any nationality is eligible to apply under these conditions if the candidate has, or can obtain, legal status to work in Ghana. ASSESS project is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of affirmative action.
Key COP Responsibilities
• Programme leadership, management, and implementation in collaboration with ASSESS Partners.
• Maintaining a strong and responsive relationship with the USAID/WA/REGO
• Establishing scopes of work and budgets, coordinating, overseeing and participating in the implementation of project services in response to REGO requests
• Ensuring quality products and services delivered on schedule.
• Financial planning and execution of approved budgets in compliance with financial and administrative policies and procedures of USDA, USAID, KNUST, and URI.
• Supervision of ASSESS office and administrative/finance and technical staff, finalising recruitment of new technical and administrative staff and managing a roster of available local, regional, and international technical experts.
• Timely and accurate programme and financial reporting
• Minimum of a Master’s degree related to management and administration or related technical fields in development programmes in agriculture, trade, the environment or monitoring and evaluation.
• An experienced leader and manager with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in management and administration or in agriculture, trade, the environment, or monitoring and evaluation, preferably in West Africa. Experience must include supervising staff, human resources management, procurement, budgeting, and financial management, management of contracted technical experts and consultants.
• Experience preparing terms of reference and budgets for consultant contracts and supervising contractor performance and technical and financial reporting.
• Significant experience managing U.S. Government and international donor funded projects and programmes, including compliance with U.S. Government rules, regulations and procedures.
• Demonstrated high level competency in writing and editing of professional technical reports and other written products in English.
• Demonstrated experience in leading interdisciplinary and multi-cultural teams and managing several major activities simultaneously. Highly organised and able to deliver quality work on tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated representational skills. Ability to maintain favourably public relations
• Ability to travel to any of the 21 countries of West and Central Africa covered by the project in a timely manner.
• Highly computer and Internet literate. The following additional qualifications are preferred, but not required: French fluency (spoken and written), West Africa Regional professional experience, Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Experience working with Universities, Previous experience heading and managing an office.
Submit a covering letter and curriculum vitae by email with “ASSESS COP” in the subject line to: Kim Kaine (email@example.com), with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than October 5, 2017, 5pm. Accra Time.
Download the Recruitment Call: USAID-COP West Africa ASSESS Project [pdf]
Have an agricultural content and wants it published? Connect with us via our AgPress® Newswire Service!
Farmer Helpline: 0500000996