Organisation: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Position: Field Liaison Officer
General: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovation to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agricultural research partnership for food secure future. IITA is headquartered in Nigeria, with offices located in other countries in sub-Saharan Africa, including Ghana. To find out more about IITA,visit our website at http://www.iita.org
The Position: IITA is recruiting for a field Liaison Officer position for the IITA Ghana Country Office. S/he will work under the supervision of the N2Africa Country Coordinator and IITA Ghana Country Representative.
- Liaise between the project office and dissemination partners
- Offer support to dissemination partners in establishment of demonstrations and field agronomic trials
- Laying out, execution and monitoring of field experiments
- Collection of data from demonstrations, agronomic trials, and socio-economic studies
- Collate Monitoring and Evaluation Data from Partners
- Editing, cleaning, and entry of data
- Any other duties assigned by the country coordinator
A good first degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Extension or Agribusiness with a minimum of 3 years of working experience in the area of agricultural research and extension.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge in Microsoft office suite
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and multicultural environment
- Capability of planning, laying out and execution of field experiments
- Working experience in agricultural extension (GAP) and with FBOs/farmers
- Strong ability to co-ordinate prioritize and organize workload, take initiative and work under pressure
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
Duty Station: Tamale with field work travels to project sites in Upper West, Upper East, and Northern Regions
Terms of Appointment: This is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at IITA-Ghana’s Tamale Office. Initial appointment is fixed term for two years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding.
How to Apply: To be considered for the job, please send a covering letter and CV (4 pages maximum) explaining their interest in the position, relevant documents and testimonials and the names and addresses (telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Applications should be addressed to the Country Representative, IITA-Ghana, P.O.Box TL 6, Tamale, and submitted by email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: June 20, 2017
IITA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Download Job description: Field Liaison Officer-IITA_Ghana_Agricinghana
Have an agricultural content and want it published? Connect with Agricinghana below:
Call the Farmer Helpline: 0500000996